Thursday 14 April 2011

Audioptraline presents: Special Interviews Sequence with Paul Strive


Meet the future now: check out Audiopraline`s EDM Sweetheart Paul Strive talking about his experience as a producer and reveals who are the DJs` most devoted fans, who never send negative feedback. Enjoy!

Q: Hi Paul! Welcome to Audiopraline`s world and thank you for agreeing to this interview! How is life treating you lately?
Paul: Hi Yana, my pleasure. I'm feeling well at the moment because i have the chance to work on my own album and i have lots of ideas and plans for the future!

Q: You are the youngest tech producer I have ever met. How and when did you fall in love with this genre and how come you are such a great, mature producer at this age?
Paul: I started music making in the age of 12 when other guys were on the playgroud i was making music on my computer.
I made a lot of tracks in other genres but Tech-House is the style where i can show people what i feel really.

Q: How long did it take you to master your producer`s skills? What program do you use and do you have any special studio equipment or all the magic happens on the lap top?
Paul: It took me quite a lot time (I think around 5-6 years). I am in house music since the end of 2009 and the modification was absolutely hard from the old genre!Everything comes from my computer and from my brain, I think if you have enough intent these are the best equipment. I use FL Studio with Acid pro, both programs are amazing!

Q: Now lets talk about the DJ`s and producers who inspired you and who are your top producers up to date?
Paul: To be honest lot of artist inspired me but the real inspiring thing was a dream about a successfull life. At the moment i really like tracks from Jay Lumen (he is hungarian too), Nic Fanciulli, Joris Voorn,
Dj PP, Hermanez, Dj Wady, Kaiserdisco. Avicii, Dj Chus, David Penn, David Herrero and others!

Q: Do you perform live?
Paul: Not yet, from this summer on I will definitely do!

Q: There are so many young producers lately who come up with great new stuff and really find it hard to sign with established labels to release their tracks like you did. What would you advice them?
Paul: The point is that you need to collect all labels that release tracks in the style of your track because an electro-house oriented record label won't release your techno track (just for example).
You need to "double"check your track before you send out to labels and you also need to ask yourself the question "is this music good enough for an official release?"

Q: Alright, what does your family and homies think about your music? Are they big fans or they just take you as you are in your daily life?
Paul: My family was patient when I practiced. They do not really like these kind of styles but they know that this is really important to me and they see day by day that I'm happy when I get good feedback and rewards.

Q: What do you do when you don’t mix or produce? Any hobbies, sport, hanging out with friends probably?
Paul: I really like to play football with my friends, to relax, to go out and have fun and of course to sleep. Unfortunately, I can't sleep as much as I want to!

Q: And finally Audiopraline`s sweetest question: You have a cat right! I have noticed that all cool DJs around have one. What do you think? Any other pets in your house?
Paul: Yes I have a cat! Love him, his name is Gyorgy. All big DJs play their music to their pets and they never get negative critics I can assure ;)

Plesire: Thank you very much!
Paul: Me too and keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment